1. Right up until the day I went and announced I was going to do this writing project, I was going to name it “100 Days of Notes.” It seems like a round number, after all; and then I thought about symmetry, and being just a little bit off; of three-act structure and and how Einsteinium was my favorite element growing up and how it’s 99 on the Periodic Table of Elements. And of course there’s “99 Problems” and Matt Madden‘s 99 Ways to Tell a Story, which I love.
2. So I went with 99.
3. It was a good idea.
4. Because now we’re going to do a book of these Notes! They will be different, with some new ones and some adapted from the 99 Days of Notes. Other will be cut.
4a. Right now I can tell you that the people at 99: The Press, a new indie press co-founded by my new best friend Jonathan Silverman, a writer and editor himself, will be putting out a book adaptions of the Notes!
4b. We’re shooting for March or April 2014, so we can have copies ready for AWP in Seattle and for a tour-shindig stuff in the spring and fall.
5. What’s going to be the title? I don’t fricking know. We have a couple ideas and the one we end up with will be awesome.
6. So will be the cover. You can bet on that shit.
7. I’m really excited to try out a whole book of these Notes and see if we can re-sequence them to be loyal to both the memoir-y and the essayistic stuff. It will work out.
8. But right now I’m really excited. 99% ecstatic, even!